Cheat’s Summer Pudding Recipe
Make the most of scrumptious summer fruits with this speedy version of a favourite pud.
- 1 Fibre One™ 90 Calorie Lemon Drizzle Square
- 50ml water
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 30g strawberries, stems removed
- 20g raspberries
- 10g blackberries
- Fat-free Greek style natural yoghurt, to serve
- Put water in a small saucepan with the sugar. Heat gently, stirring until sugar dissolves. Increase heat slightly, and bring up to the boil. Simmer for 2-4 minutes or until syrupy and reduced by approx. half.
- Meanwhile, chop the strawberries into small pieces. Cut the raspberries in half if large, and chop the blackberries. As soon as the syrup is ready, add the strawberries, raspberries and blackberries to the pan. Stir with a wooden spoon, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, stamp out a 6cm circle from the Lemon Drizzle Square (enjoy the off-cuts!). Spoon most of the fruit and juice onto a serving plate in a small mound, and top with the Lemon Drizzle circle. Spoon the remaining fruit on top, and serve with Greek yoghurt.
For extra zesty flavour, add a little finely grated lemon zest to the sugar syrup with the berries
A light dusting of icing sugar and a sprig of fresh mint would add extra restaurant style to this pud.