Apple Tartlets Recipe
A fabulously speedy way to enjoy the classic French flavours of apple tart.
- 1 Fibre One™ 90 Calorie Salted Caramel Square
- 1/4 large or 1/2 small red-skinned apple
- 1 teaspoon light brown soft sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Greek style yoghurt, to serve
- If using half a small apple, cut in half again. Cut away the core, and thinly slice the apple.
- On a plate, toss the apple slices together with the sugar and cinnamon to coat.
Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan, and add the apples coated in sugar. Cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes, flipping apples over regularly with a palette knife until golden and slightly caramelized. Spoon over the Salted Caramel Square, and serve straight away with the fat-free Greek style yoghurt.
Make pear or plum tarts in exactly the same way.
Add a scattering of toasted flaked almonds for extra authentic flavour.